E-Portfolio Microbiology II Week 11

Hellooooooo

Okay how to start this ?

This week is actually the week for my Pecha Kucha presentation. I was so nervous and excited on presenting my topics. So, I  was given the topic of "Application of Microorganisms in Food". I chose Lactobacillus acidophilus as a probiotic bacteria used widely in yogurt for our digestion. 

Basically, I talk on the origin of this bacteria and how Eli Metchnikoff discovered the benefits of this lactic acid producing bacteria in helping human for smooth digestion. Eli Metchnikoff is a Russian scientist working at Pasteur Institute in Paris that devoted his decades of lives studying this bacteria. I also talk on how Isaac Carasso commercialize yogurt as a healthy food that contains 1001 beneficial for us. Also, yogurt helps in minimizing the risk of getting the symptoms of lactose intolerance where people with this symptoms cannot tolerate dairy products as they lack of lactase enzyme. 

You guys can find more on this bacteria in the internet. It is one of the well-known probiotics that are widely used for several health benefits. Do share with me if you guys find something new and interesting :). 

Ulasan

Catatan popular daripada blog ini

E-Portfolio: Microbiology - Week 7

E-Portfolio Microbiology II Week 8